Thursday, June 30, 2016

Lava and Wildflowers

This morning we went a little ways outside Reykjavik to another geothermal area. On the way, we passed an incredible lake surrounded by lava rock and black sand. It was quite a sight.





The geothermal area was really cool also, with bubbling mud and steam blowing everywhere. It looked simply otherwordly!



It sure STUNK of sulfur! 




These mus ponds were bubbling!




Can you see the bubbles??

Every. Time.



On the drive, we were able to stop and take pictures of two things I've been wanting pictures of: Icelandic sheep and these gorgeous purple wildflowers.





I wish you could smell these flowers! They were amazing.





And of course, when you have a beautiful backdrop and a little bit of privacy, jump pictures are a must!




Our time in Iceland is running out! I love love love this country, and it makes me so sad to think I might never be back!! Trying to soak it all in while I can.





2 comments:

  1. Seriously should use the picture of all of you in the purple flowers as a Christmas card or frame it. And the one of Levi J blowing the dandelion should definitely be framed.

    ReplyDelete